Between the mail town and the national park, there are several world-class Beaches in the area. Here, you can enjoy the wide variety of activities such as swimming, Hiking the Manuel Antonio National Park, Surfing, or simply relaxing while watching a vibrant sunset.
Manuel Antonio is one of only two locations in Costa Rica where you can see all four types of monkey; spider, howler, white faced and the endangered Squirrel Monkey, many of which can be visible from your hotel window. The area is also a prime destination for spotting sloths, both in and outside of the national park
This once tiny town has blossomed into the most popular Costa Rican beach destination. Available are all the amenities you would come to expect as well as a jumping nightlife.
Access to the area is possible along Coastal Highway 34 from either the north or south. The drive itself is popular among tourists as pronounced steep cliffs crash into the blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. There is also a domestic airstrip in Quepos, just 7km away.
Hotels in Quepos and Manuel Antonio:
Hotel Verde Mar: Beach hotel just a short walk to Manuel Antonio Costa Rica near Quepos newly constructed. We offer queen-size beds, kitchenettes, refrigerators and a warmth you won't soon forget.
Located just steps away from world renowned Manuel Antonio National Park near Quepos (75 feet from the beach).
Wake-up to fresh roasted Costa Rican coffee or just picked tropical fruit. Hike through nature's finest jungles or stroll her soft sandy beaches. All minutes from your front door! Explore hidden waterfalls. Share your day with monkeys, hummingbirds and iguanas. Enjoy kayaking, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, or world class sport fishing in the Quepos Manuel Antonio area.
- Four daily 20 minutes flights from San Jose to Quepos / Manuel Antonio Costa Rica.
- Excellent public bus service to Manuel Antonio (Quepos) many times a day (4 hours).
- We offer daily shuttle to / from Manuel Antonio from more than 50 destinations in Costa Rica.
- If you drive: from San Jose, a scenic 3.5 hour drive through the mountains, and palm plantations along the coast. 4 hours from the Monteverde Cloud Forest.
- For info & hotel reservations: Reserve Now
Other links of interest
- Web site of Monteverde Costa Rica Cloud Forest
- Web site of Arenal Volcano Costa Rica